Wych Elm Flowers

 Some signs of spring are more subtle than others. I noticed that the wych elm trees had flowers on today. I posted about these trees  last year (21st Aug - see the archive) but of course the flowers had gone by then. Lots of people would walk past these and not notice but they are things of beauty and well worth a second look.


Diary.
There has been less wildlife about in the bog meadow since my neighbours cut down some trees. Any disturbance like that causes an upheaval. My overnight cameras have picked up one fox which I have had to keep quiet about as the local farmer has mysteriously lost a couple of new born lambs and I suspect my fox might well have been the culprit. A male sparrowhawk has been patrolling our bird feeders and we have had several sightings.  On a cold clear morning like today it was lovely to hear the great spotted woodpeckers drumming and the curlew with their lovely evocative burbling call. We have had another couple of stoat appearances in the last week.
We had a family visit to Birmingham during the week and I used my infra red camera to look for the owls that I have heard in the trees there. No owls but I did spot a heron in the darkness feeding on the playing fields in the middle of Birmingham.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A polecat a badger a fox and a stoat!

Red Kite Special

Spring Gentian