A polecat a badger a fox and a stoat!

 It has been frosty overnight but sunny during the daytime. I left out my trail cameras for a couple of nights and captured images of a polecat , a badger, and a fox.



We have had several stoat visits to the garden during daytime. In previous years this has been a female looking for somewhere to give birth. Here's hoping this happens this year too. I was away yesterday but this footage was captured by my glamorous assistant in my absence.

It is much brighter in the mornings these days but the biggest change is that the birds are so much more vocal in the mornings - marking out their territories in advance of the mating season. We drove home over the moors from Middleton in Teesdale today and there were scores of curlew, lapwing, and oystercatcher in the fields by the side of the road. All of these waders nest on the ground on moorland.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Kite Special

Spring Gentian