Red Kites Again

 Great excitement yesterday when through the sleet we could see 5 birds of prey having an aerial combat. Three were buzzards but two were red kites. Just a fleeting glimpse and by the time I had fitted the right lens to my camera they had gone. This is the first time we have ever seen more than one red kite at the same time.

We have had some miserable weather with sleet and wet snow - but were treated to a spectacular sunrise this morning.


And when I arrived back home in the dark earlier in the week I got this shot of the Orion constellation  on my phone camera.

Diary
We have seen a lot of a male kestrel which has adopted a tree perch outside our window as a hunting perch in the last few days. I was pleased to capture this shot of a badger on the trail cams.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A polecat a badger a fox and a stoat!

Red Kite Special

Spring Gentian