Marsh Tit

 


I was fortunate on my recent trip to Leighton Moss to come across a family of marsh tits. We don't see marsh tits near our house so it is something of a treat to see something new. Marsh tits are very similar in appearance to willow tits. A sure way (perhaps the only way!)  to tell them apart is by their call, and I was fortunate to meet a man making audio recordings of the call who was kind enough to give me a short lecture on the differences.

Diary
I saw a stoat in the garden this afternoon. By the time I had located my camera it had gone.Overnight cameras revealed a distant fox, some carrion crow , and one of our regular red squirrels as well as the usual rabbits.
Milder today and overcast.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teal

Mild Winter With Flowers Arrving Early

Cormorant